Who we are
Our website address is http://moonloftreadings.com. MoonLoft Readings is run by Joelle who can be reached at [email protected]
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
MoonLoft Readings may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and email address as well as other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in Canada, the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. MoonLoft Readings may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, birthday, and telephone number. If you make a purchase on the website we will also collect your credit card number and other personally identifiable information. We also may request information about your personal life and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information
- Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other partners, contractors and other third parties. Examples of information that we may receive include (but are not limited to): updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information.
- Information about others. We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) information that may interest them through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient
How do we use your personal information?
Order Information is used to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). We also use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices or send newsletters about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or third parties.
- Deliver the products and services that you requested/ordered.
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
- Enforce our terms and conditions.
- Manage our business.
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud, and, more generally, to improve and optimize our Site. (For example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns.)
Financial information. For Professionals, we may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our website in which you elect to participate, to pre-qualify you for credit cards and other offers that you might find of interest.
Sharing your personal information
Please understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our website or while using our services.
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt-out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website . These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our website is a general audience site and is not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18.
How long we retain your data
If you send us a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
What rights you have over your data
If you have placed an order on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How you can access your information
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in less than optimal results in the products or services you purchase.
- At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us by opting out.
- If you prefer not to have us share your postal mailing information with these selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you, you can notify us at any time by emailing us at [email protected]
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.